Amongst the never-ending list of baby ‘essentials’ we have thrust upon us as new parents, I found a good baby monitor was essential to us.
I wanted something that would allow me to see my baby as she slept, whilst also checking my toddler was disturbing her.
We were sent the Summer Infant Panorama to test as part of the Mumsnet awards and out of over 10 monitors we tested it was a form favourite. Especially with baby number 2. It allowed me to put her down for a nap and entertain her brother. Look around their rooms remotely and know they’re safe.
The Panorama comes with 1 camera but offers the option of adding a second as we did.
Quite simply, the Summer Infant Panorama 2.0 ticks all the boxes. With an infrared night vision camera, an intuitive display unit (including temperature sensor), colourful night light and high-resolution two-way talkback.
It comes with a large 12.7cm touchscreen that displays quality video while giving you a great view of your baby at the same time. I love how easy it is to pan, tilt and zoom the camera, and switch between multiple cameras in different rooms.
You can see our full video review with Mumsnet below 🙂
- High-resolution colour LCD video screen with infrared night vision camera
- Pan, tilt, and zoom monitoring camera function to offer panoramic views
- 12.7cm screen display
- Add extra cameras to monitor multiple children
- Two-way talkback
- Sound activated LED lights
- Red and blue soft glow night lights (red to help baby get to sleep and blue to soothe)
- Temperature sensor and display
- 240-metre range
- Low battery and out-of-range alert
- Audio can be a little fuzzy at times
- Screen power-saving mode can’t be overridden
- Battery life only six to nine hours (will need to be on charge when using overnight)
- No Voice Activated Alert (VOX)
Overall I love this monitor and have continued to use it, becoming an true baby ‘essential’ in our home to ensure I know the little ones are safe.