Reading has always been a great way for me to relax, unwind and escape the everyday. I love to read!
But it’s not relaxing if the place in which I read isn’t relaxed. I need to be somewhere clean and comfortable to sit back and enjoy a good book. Otherwise, I find myself distracted.
I love nothing more than a quiet and tranquil place to escape to, with no interruptions and nothing to distract me.
Here are my favourite places to escape and read a good book!
1. Outdoors – Whether it be in the garden, a local park, or simply a nice quiet patch of grass to sit down. Whether depending, of course, outside is a lovely place to read.
2. In bed – This doesn’t work for everyone, some may find themselves falling asleep, I often do. Especially since we got a ridiculously comfortable Casper mattress. But it’s a nice place to relax and unwind at the end of a busy day. Enjoying a few chapters of a book is a much nicer way to nod off than sitting in front of a screen all evening.
3. The reading chair – I have an armchair that I chose with the intention of being for reading my books. You know, before children, when I had time to read. Our new house has a lean to conservatory off of the kitchen, and it’s the perfect place to sit and read with the warmth and comfort of being indoors whilst looking out!
4. The Library – This may not be everyone’s first choice but if you crave peace and quiet and an abundance of books your local library is a great place to go. The chairs aren’t great but it’s certainly got the no talking element you could be looking for. Ever find the second you pick up a book everybody wants to talk to you?
5. The Beach – If you’re fortunate enough to live by sea (we’re not!) then the beach is a lovely place to escape and read. I usually use an iPad or Kindle to read but paperbacks are best for outdoor reading, you don’t want any glare in the sun!
Do you have a favourite place to sit down and enjoy a good book? Let us know in the comments or try out some of the above!