Being a busy Mama can be exhausting. That’s why it’s so important that we take the occasional time out to look after ourselves. You can’t look after others if you don’t take care of yourself!
Easier said than done, I know. Here are my top 5 ways on how to wind down and take care of yourself. From the easily achievable to the wish list wonders.
1. Read a book – If you’re a bookworm like myself (or ex-bookworm since having children) I find taking time out to read is a great way to unwind, relax and be me! Except the new me takes a really long time to finish a book.
2. Pamper – This can mean anything from a haircut, which I haven’t had in 2 years. To unwinding at home with a nice hot bath. Also, a great time to pick up that book.
3. Shower and shave – Some mums struggle with daily tasks such as a simple shower. A clingy newborn or toddler can get in the way of what was once the norm. Making time to shower and shave can really make you feel like a new woman. (Give the kids to someone else, or do it whilst they sleep)
4. Shopping – For some of us retail therapy is a real treat. If like myself you’re always treating the children and spending every last penny on them, you’ll find it hard to spend money on yourself. Don’t feel bad, just do it! The kids probably have too much as it is and you’re still wearing that 2 year old pair of maternity jeans, aren’t you?
5. Hair Care – Looking after your can be a treat in itself after looking at solutions for thin hair I found their are many ways out there to take care of your locks and relax at the same time. From a hair mask to a fancy treatment at the salon. Let somebody take care of you!
You could also change up your entire look with hair extensions for short hair to give yourself a fresh new style.
6. A night off – This isn’t something I’ve experienced but imagine would be a great way to recharge. Simply having a night off. Whether that means your partner, if you have one, taking over bedtime & morning routine or the kids staying elsewhere for a night. The opportunity to relax, in peace, and sleep sounds like bliss! Oh the sleep, just imagine.
What’s your favourite way to relax and make time for yourself?