Not only is it 2019, but it’s also the year that I turn 30. That’s right, I’m getting older.
My MIL said it feels like I’ve been in my 20’s forever. There are so many things I’d like to do in life, some big, some small. So I thought I’d put together 30 things to do before I’m 30 lists, but then taking money and children into consideration I thought that’s probably not going to be easily achieved. For now, I’ll share my goals for 2019 and what I’d like to achieve both personal and lifestyle.
I’m setting goals rather than making resolutions, no pressure to succeed at doing something specific but pushing myself to do better in many areas. Here goes…
1. Read More – I used to read a lot. I was a book blogger, would you believe? So this year I’m hoping to get through more of my ever-growing TBR pile.
2. Meal Plan – I tried this last year and didn’t stick to it. I need to get better at meal planning and prep. I’m the worst at it. If you have any great tips or family meals do share them! I think meal planning will benefit us as a family and I’ll spend less time thinking about what we’re going to have each day!
3. Play more – By play I mean get down on the floor and play lego with my boy, with no distractions. Paint pictures and play-doh without thinking about blog deadlines, blog photos, other work or home related tasks. In 2019 lets play!
4. Be more organised – The past year has been a whirlwind for me, this year I ho tope be more organised. Make realistic deadlines, remove distractions and stick to my targets.
5. Wake up earlier! – I need to get up ealier, do things before the kids get up and kick start my day. I find I’m always in a hurry in the mornings and things would be so much calmer if I were to get up before them and prepare for the day ahead. I’d like to think I could get more done, but even if I just shower, dress and enjoy a cut of tea in peace I’m sure that will help too.
6. Learn something new – I don’t know what yet, but I’d like to learn something new. I’d like to ge ta cameo silhouette or Cricut and start making things, but that requires a large purchase. Maybe I’ll learn to cook, I mean, I can cook. But not as many things as I’d like!
7. Go on holiday! – I’d love to go to Florida again or NYC or stay in a cabin in the snow in Canada. But with 2 children under 4 that won’t be happening anytime soon. I’ll stick with something smaller. I’ve been looking at Mark Warner family holidays, British staycations and Euro Holidays. I’d love to do something before Taylor starts full time school and our options become more limited with prices during the holidays.
8. Date night – Make time for more dates nights, Harriet now takes bottles so we can leave both children with the grandparents for a few hours. Lets spend more time together and remember what it felt like to be us!
9. Push my book business! – I’m now an Usbourne organiser and since signing up it’s been christmas. I really need to prep and get this new little venture of my underway before it fails to take off at all! If you want to buy some Childrens books, hit me up 😉
10. Stress less – Pretty self-explanatory. I’d like to stop stressing out over every little thing and letting my anxiety get the better of me. I’m hoping for a more laid back year without any major illnesses or scares like last year. Last year with Harriet had me all over the place mentally and I like to think we’re now on the path to normality!
Do you have any goals for this year? I’d love to hear what you’re hoping to achieve!
Pop them in the comments below and lets inspire one another.