I find choosing gifts for men difficult, especially the men in my family. They’re all about practicality. No gimmicks or jokes, just useful items that won’t be tossed aside after the occasion.
Taking this into consideration here are my gift ideas for this fathers day. Practical gifts that should make most dads day!
1. Oral B Genius 9000 Toothbrush £280 at Boots – A smart toothbrush to Dad smile. With a techy side that men will love the Genius 9000 will also take care of teeth and look after his smile for years to come, hook it up to your smart phone and track your progress. This highly advanced brush features a dentist-inspired round head that surrounds and cups each tooth with dynamic oscillating, rotating and pulsating movements to remove up to 100% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush. It also features a pressure sensor to promote healthy gums.
2. Candy Mechanics chocolate card £12 – You can’t get more practical than this. My Dad is not a card person, he’s one of those people who moans about consumerism, wasting money and made up holidays…. You know the type. He really doesn’t like cards. But he loves chocolate! So now he can have his card and eat it. I can’t see their being any complaints with this one. Even I want to eat it.
3. Paul Hewitt Leather Watch £169 – A stylish leather watch. this Paul Hewitt watch from Browns Family Jewelers looks great and will last. You could have a cute message engraved too.
4. Swisse Mens – Mens multivitamins £9.99 at Boots – Multivitamins to keep him healthy, support energy and muscle function. Packed with 41 ingredients, including botanical extracts Swisse for men are a great way to keep your man feeling his best!
5. LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes: The Milano vs. The Abilisk (RRP: £44.99) – You’re never too old for Lego, especially with sets from Marvel to Ghostbusters. I think dad’s are going to love these sets on Fathers Day. We’re particularly fond of the new Guardians of The Galaxy sets, It’s also a great activity for little ones to help Dad with this Fathers Day.
6. Nest Thermostat – For the techy Dads out there Nest is a great option. A digital thermostat so they can control the house from their smartphone. I know Little Fox’s Dad is after one of these. The only downside is they’ll know when you’ve cranked the heating up!
7. Toiletries – Keeping to practical gifts I ordered a selection from Chemist.co.uk From facial scrubs to Dove mens moisturiser. An easy gift choice is something he uses daily and won’t mind recieving more of.
8. Sonos Play 1 £199 – The Sonos Play 1 is a powerful wifi speaker that Dads will love. Great quality sound all controlled via smartphone or computer.
9. Kingdom of you £19.99 – Another superb book from lostmy.name. Kingdom of You is personalised to your child and would make a great story for little ones to share with Daddy this Fathers Day. Little Fox is already excited to share his copy with his dad. The illustrations are utterly beautiful and we love lostmy.name books!